So what is All the Hype About?

Many people have ideas about what chiropractic is but I will help you understand the full picture!

Most people when asked "What is chiropractic?",will answer: "It's when you get popped and cracked when your back hurts after a car accident."

This answer is not wrong it is just very small in scope. Chiropractic does help back pain; it helps all kinds of pains, from migraines, to round ligament pain to sciatica! Pain is a powerful motivator and is what brings most people to chiropractor. However, it is a poor way to measure health. Only 10% of the nerves in your body are able to emit pain signals. So what is the other 90% doing? It's controling your entire body! Your nervous system controls it all! Your brain sends signals down the spinal cord and out the nerve roots to the rest of the body. It tells your body how to breathe, to move, digest, to grow a baby! Your spinal column and vertebra protects this highway. Your spine is mobile but may experience traumas and stress leading your vertebra to shift out of alignment and create poor movement patterns. When they do this, it's called:

Subluxation

Subluxation: Dysfunction in a joint or motion segment in which alignment, movement integrity and/or physiological function are altered.

Subluxation can subsequently over time increase these poor movement patterns and lead to inflammation, irritation to surrounding tissues....and pain. The subluxation creates interference to signals being sent from the brain to your body which when prolonged can decrease nervous system function and lead to symptoms.

Chiropractors are trained to find and correct subluxations via the adjustment. The adjustment can be performed with a variety of techniuqes and methods depending on your needs.

Dr. Ashley will evaluate you and your family for subluxation and give you recommendations for care so your nervous system is functioning at its optimal potential!